Citybox aims to take the position as one of the leading modern low-cost hotel chains in Europe.
New hotels can be developed by constructing new buildings, converting office buildings or agreeing on new leases in existing hotels. Citybox can also buy property’s and develop it.
Citybox has a proven track record of industry leading returns on investment due to our unique concept combining efficient space usage and high profitability to the benefit of the guests and the company. This makes new Citybox hotels an attractive investment opportunity for property owners.
• Centrally located property
• Walking distance to urban transport hubs
• Conversion of existing building (office, retail etc.) or new development
• Minimal use of ground floor where retail is preferably
• 120 – 400 hotel rooms
• 3 500 – 12 000 m² GFA
• Normal sized hotel rooms, but efficient space usage for the hotel in total.
fixed or revenue-
(20+ years) and
Citybox AS, based in Norway, currently operates four hotels in Oslo, Bergen, and Tallinn with 877 hotel rooms in total. Citybox Helsinki is set to open in 2023 with 178 rooms
• Citybox Helsinki: 178 rooms opening in 2023
• Citybox Tallinn: 272 new rooms in the heart of the Estonian capital
• Citybox Danmarksplass: an old office building is converted to 140 new rooms providing our guests in Bergen with another hotel
• Citybox Oslo: 2nd extension of our Oslo hotel which when completed will consist of 341 in all, making it Oslos 6th greatest hotel measured in number of rooms
• Citybox was founded in 2006 by Executive Chairman Martin Smith-Sivertsen and is owned by the Smith-Sivertsen family and CEO Eivind Hjulstad.