Citybox aims to take the position as one of the leading modern low-cost hotel chains in Europe.
New hotels can be developed by constructing new buildings, converting office buildings or agreeing on new leases in existing hotels. Citybox can also buy properties and develop it.
Citybox has a proven track record of industry leading returns on investment due to our unique concept combining efficient space usage and high profitability to the benefit of the guests and the company. This makes new Citybox hotels an attractive investment opportunity for property owners.
- Central location
- Walking distance to public transport hub
- Conversion of existing building (office, retail etc.) or new development
- Minimal use of ground floor where retail is preferable
- 120 – 400 hotel rooms
- 3 500 - 12 000 m² GFA
- Normal sized hotel rooms, but efficient space usage for the hotel in total.
fixed or revenue-
(20+ years) and
Citybox AS, based in Norway, currently operates 3 hotels in Oslo and Bergen with about 605 hotel rooms. Next year (2020) a new hotel in Tallinn will open.
- Citybox Tallinn: 272 new rooms in the heart of the Estonian capital
- Citybox Bergen – Danmarksplass: an old office building is converted to 144 new rooms providing our guests in Bergen with another hotel
- Citybox Oslo: 2nd extension of our Oslo hotel which was completed in September 2019 consist of 341 in all, making it Oslo's 5th greatest hotel in the city centre measured in number of rooms
- At the beginning of 2020 Citybox will operate 4 hotels with about 877 rooms spread out over the Nordics.
- Citybox was founded in 2006 by Executive Chairman Martin Smith-Sivertsen and is owned by the Smith-Sivertsen family and CEO Eivind Hjulstad.